Automatic vehicle restraint
The K2-CALEMATIC automatic system represents a further step forward for safety of vehicles and people during the loading/unloading operations.
Easy to use, K2-CALEMATIC guarantees a safe and continuous function and is at the forefront when it comes to comply with standards in force. This prevent the sudden exit of the truck anchored to the dock leveler.
The usual working procedure is next:
- K2-CALEMATIC can be operated (truck locking or unlocking) only if the dock leveler is in the rest position and the sectional door is closed
- The sectional door can only be opened if the K2-CALEMATIC system is in the locked position (truck locked)
- The dock leveler can only be operated if the K2-CALEMATIC system is in the locked position (truck locked)
This working procedure makes it impossible for the truck the sudden exit before the end of the loading/unloading operations.
An easy-to-use product
- The chocks are activated via a single control panel
- No tools are needed to remove the chocks
- The plant is able to work in any weather condition
- Low maintenance costs (no motor or bearings to grease, no chains or pinions)
- A visual check is sufficient to guarantee the correct functioning of the system
This system consists of 1 pit per loading bay, that works on one side of the truck, in which 2 rows of shifted wheel chocks are installed.
The truck is locked thanks to the pneumatic lifting of the chocks near the wheels. In this way, any accidental movement of the vehicle is avoided.
The shape of the chocks has been studied so as to have no rough edges that could cause cuts or tyre punctures.
The K2-CALEMATIC system allows to halve the costs related to civil works, maintaining all the safety and compatibility features of the K1-CALEMATIC model, with single chocks.